Link up with Mama M for 5QF!
1. Have you ever had surgery?
Yes, twice. I had hernia surgery when I was very young, and a c-section to deliver my daughter. This will probably increase to 3 surgeries when baby #2 joins us in October.
2. Ever ride in an ambulance?
No, and I hope to keep it that way.
3. How are you in a medical emergency? Panicked? Calm?
Calm. I used to be a student athletic trainer in high school and the #1 lesson we were taught is that, as a first responder, you CANNOT increase the anxiety of a situation. By doing so you can create panic and cause more injuries or make it more difficult to get help to the person(s) who really need it.
4. Do you have a garden? Flowers or veggies?
It’s been quite awhile since I had a real garden, but we do grow herbs in containers on the back patio and this year I’m attempting tomatoes out there as well.
5. When did you move out of your parents house?
Memorial Day weekend 2004 was the official move, although it had been at least a year since I had REALLY lived there. Long story short, my husband (then fiancee), had just moved into his first apartment without a roommate so we lived together and planned the wedding for the next spring.
It’s time to tell the world, as nervous as that makes me…
Child #2 will be joining our family sometime around October 23rd.
I want another girl. 😉 We already have SO MUCH girl stuff, it would ease some of the purchasing strain and keep the bank account from being completely empty. I really cannot wait for another kid to love me like my 2 year old does.
But. I must confess. I HATE pregnancy.
My reflux has already started coming back, there have been issues with nausea, my boobs HURT (probly TMI, but hey, it happens), and I could sleep all day long.
I hate it.
And the hate makes it that much harder to push through the side effects.
But there’s always a silver lining somewhere, and mine is knowing that the huge family gathering for Thanksgiving will be here this year, there will be more excitement at Christmas, and by the time 2012 rolls in, we’ll have found our rhythm as a family of four and…
Omg, a family of four. How did that happen? Don’t answer that… 😉
I’m sure I’ll be asking this question a lot now that my daughter has reached the age of 2, but recently, three things in her behavior have really confused me.
1) I find her sucking on a pacifier at random times of the day. She hasn’t touched a pacifier since she was roughly two months old. It’s never been her thing. If she needed something to suck, she used her fingers. But now she knows where they’ve been “hidden” and keeps taking them out. I really need to get them sterilized and packed away with the others, but in the mean time, Why DOES she do that???
2) She might be too young to read words yet, but she knows all of her letters and loves to tell me what they are. But the majority of the time, she reads them to me backwards, from right to left. She used to page through her books backward too, but recently has stopped that. Is this a normal stage of development?
3) She’s never been a picky eater, but lately she only wants what she wants and it seems to be the same foods. Macaroni and cheese, broccoli, strawberries, and any bread, cracker or pretzel. Oh, and cookies. That isn’t all she eats, just what she eats most frequently. Is it normal for kids to go from open to close minded about food? Is there anything I can do to help her be more adventurous again?
I appreciate any and all advice and constructive criticism. 🙂
Another round of 5QF with Mama M this week. I promise, there will be more entertaining posts in the near future, but I’ve been a little busy lately getting myself together. So for now, just the questions and their answers. 🙂
1. Have you ever testified in court? For what?
Negative. And if I ever do, I hope to be an expert witness for something.
2. Do you still have your wedding dress?
Yes, altho I haven’t seen it in several months since it got shoved to the back of a different closet. I’ll keep it until there just isn’t any space any where for it.
3. Is there a special place you like to go when you’re happy, sad, stressed, etc.?
Not particularly. The more “negative” emotions usually involve more reading and getting caught up in other people’s problems and not focusing on my own. The more “positive” emotions tend to play out in various video games. This is not a rule, per se, because I’ve also been known to fire up the Wii
for some Sports ResortSword Play on days I’m feeling violent. It also makes my daughter giggle. 😉
4. If you have kids, do they sleep with you? If you don’t have kids…will you let your kids sleep with you when/if you have them?
My daughter does not sleep with me. As a rule, I don’t intend to ever let her sleep with me. Sure an occasion such as a nightmare or sickness might warrant some night time with mommy, but the average nights? No. Because I am SO HAPPY that there is ONE place in my house that isn’t constantly rearranged by my toddler, and that’s my bedroom. Just thinking about it makes me want to go curl up in bed without even bothering to finish this post…
5. Do you watch late night TV?
Define late night. You could find me watching TV any time from 7am to 2am, but it is usually kid’s shows or my shows on the DVR. Oh, and now it could also be movies or documentaries on Netflix. I’m not really into the late night talk shows, although I do have a soft spot for David Letterman and Conan O’Brien.
**Disclaimer: Links are Amazon Associate links.
Friday blogging fun! If you would like to play along with 5QF, head over and visit Mama M at My Little Life and link up!
1. Do you know what your REAL hair color is?
Yes, because I’ve never died my hair. Ever. Unless you count the Halloween spray paint-ish stuff, and I definitely do not because it was gone the next morning. Although darker than it used to be, I am still a redhead!
2. Do you plan ahead for summer, or fly by the seat of your pants?
I’m not a huge fan of summer. Living in Florida it is H-O-T and everyone in my fam has very sensitive skin. So we plan our outings for early morning (HA! Like we do mornings…) or late afternoon/evening and hide when the sun is at it’s highest and hottest. Afternoon thunderstorms also typically get in the way of afternoon activities.
I guess the short answer is, fly by the seat of our pants.
3. What is your favorite meal to cook?
Anything that involves pasta. It’s so versatile. I also really enjoying baking, especially specialty cookies. Like Red Velvet Whoopie Pies… YUM…
4. Do you get offended by not receiving thank yous?
No. Not at all. I wish more people would write thank you notes just because it’s so nice to get something that’s not a bill or junk in the mail. I also know that life gets in the way and well intended notes don’t get written. Like the ones for my daughter’s birthday party almost 2 months ago…
5. How did you meet your best friend?
Well, my bestest friend in the whole wide world is my husband, and we’ve known each other since elementary school, although we weren’t really friends til high school. After that, my closest friends were met at work (in the before kid time) and one is the girlfriend of one of my husband’s good friends. They each bring out a different piece of my personality. 🙂